Last Updated: December 28th, 2021
- The money raised through a crowdfunding campaign can ONLY be used for the purchase of educational products or services.
A Qualified Educational Product or service can be paid on the learner’s behalf directly by JazzJune, therefore guaranteeing the money was spent on education. A Qualified Educational Product is any learning product found in the JazzJune Marketplace or a third-party product that contains at least 50% educational value in the nature of its offerings.
- All crowdfunding dollars are subject to a 3% processing fee.
JazzJune has worked hard to bring the power of Crowdfunding to learners everywhere. But, we are still charged a 3% fee from our credit card merchant in order to process transactions. As such, this cost will need to be passed along to our learners, although one day we hope this cost is significantly reduced or eliminated. Be sure to set your crowdfund for at least 3% over what you will need to raise to purchase the product desired. For example, if the product(s) you wish to raise for totals $1,000, then set your crowdfund to raise $1,030 dollars, which will cover the 3% fee.
- JazzJune will try its best to arrange payment on behalf of the learner directly to the provider.
However we don’t control every partner, and cannot guarantee that a payment can be made on your behalf. If this is the case, then the funds will remain in the crowdfunding account until the learner submits a new crowdfund distribution request for another learning product. In a worse case scenario, the learner can purchase the product themselves and submit the receipt for reimbursement. If no solution can be found, then all crowdfund contributions will be refunded back to the contributors via their payment method used for the initial crowdfund contribution.
- JazzJune reserves the right to suspend or terminate any crowdfund for any reason, at any time at its sole discretion and without notice.
In the unlikely event of an account suspension. The crowdfund will be removed from the JazzJune Marketplace immediately and any requests for a crowdfund distribution will be suspended until the account is resolved and no longer suspended.
In the more unlikely event that the account is terminated, all crowdfund contributions will be refunded back to the contributors via their payment method used for the initial crowdfund contribution.
- Contributing to a JazzJune crowdfund is NOT considered a donation to a charitable organization and cannot be deducted on any form of taxes.
We’re hoping the success of JazzJune will allow us to start a non-profit organization called the “JazzJune Foundation”, in which donations to the foundation, not individual crowdfunds, would be considered charitable and tax deductible.